Organizations are used to group projects and manage access to those projects.
- Create projects
- Invite users
- Transfer projects
- Pay for all of your projects usage.
An Organization’s ID is a unique identifier in UUID format that can be found under the “Organization settings” section of the Dashboard. This ID is used frequently by the Support, Success, and Sales teams to reference an Organization.
To locate your organization’s UUID, go to “Organization settings” then Organization ID. Click on the clipboard icon to copy the ID for easy sharing with Cypress teams.
You can create an organization from within the Dashboard Service by opening the organization switcher and clicking Create new organization.
By default, every user of Cypress is given a personal organization - named after you. You cannot delete or edit the name of this personal organization.
If you’ve already set up your projects, users, and billing on your personal organization, you can convert it to a professional organization via the Organization settings page.
Click the Convert organization button, provide a name for the organization, and hit Convert organization. This will do two things:
- It will upgrade your personal organization to a new named organization. All of your projects, users, and billing information will carry over to this new organization.
- We’ll create a new, empty personal organization so you always have a place to keep your side projects and experiments!
You can delete organizations that you own as long as they do not have any projects in the organization. You must first transfer ownership of your projects to another organization before you can delete the organization.
To support the community, we provide the Open Source (OSS) plan for public projects to take advantage of our Dashboard Service with unlimited test runs. To qualify, your project needs two things:
- Your project is a non-commercial entity
- Source code for your project is available in a public location with an OSI-approved license
Follow the following process to request an OSS plan for your project:
- Login to the Cypress Dashboard, or create an account if you are a new user.
Go the Organizations page to select the organization you want to associate with an OSS plan. If you have no organizations, you can create one by clicking the + Add Organization button.
Note: Personal organizations cannot be used with an OSS plan.
- Go to the Billing & Usage page, and then click on the Apply for an open source plan link at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in and submit the OSS plan request form.
- You’ll receive an email confirming your request. The Cypress Team will review your request and, if approved, an OSS plan subscription will be applied to your organization.
If you have any questions regarding the OSS plan, please feel free contact us.