Organizations are used to group projects and manage access to those projects.
- Create projects
- Invite users
- Transfer projects
- Pay for all of your projects usage.
You can create an organization from within the Dashboard Service by opening the organization switcher and clicking Create new organization.
By default, every user of Cypress is given a personal organization - named after you. You cannot delete or edit the name of this personal organization.
You can delete organizations that you own as long as they do not have any projects in the organization. You must first transfer ownership of your projects to another organization before you can delete the organization.
To support the community, we provide the Open Source (OSS) plan for public projects to take advantage of our Dashboard Service with unlimited test runs. To qualify, your project needs two things:
- Your project is a non-commercial entity
- Source code for your project is available in a public location with an OSI-approved license
Follow the following process to request an OSS plan for your project:
- Login to the Cypress Dashboard, or create an account if you are a new user.
Go the Organizations page to select the organization you want to associate with an OSS plan. If you have no organizations, you can create one by clicking the + Add Organization button.
Note: Personal organizations cannot be used with an OSS plan.
- Go to the Billing & Usage page, and then click on the Apply for an open source plan link at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in and submit the OSS plan request form.
- You’ll receive an email confirming your request. The Cypress Team will review your request and, if approved, an OSS plan subscription will be applied to your organization.
If you have any questions regarding the OSS plan, please feel free contact us.